Corporate Social Responsibility
As the master developer working to build the city of Hulhumalé, Gulhifalhu and Thilafushi, HDC also strives to build a better community. It is our vision to create state of the art smart communities in the city by contributing to sustainable development and adopting responsible behaviors that reflect our core values as an organization.
Partnership benefits shall be extended to only those events that fall under HDC’s corporate CSR strategies focusing on the following areas:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Community Empowerment
- Health and Wellness
- Strategic Partnerships
- Art and Culture
The Corporation will not support or contribute to an initiative that is:
- Against the laws and regulations of the Republic of Maldives
- Contradicts the corporation’s corporate values
- Does not have measurable positive outcomes and limited market exposure
- Has a clear political motive
- Events undertaken by individuals and unregistered groups. However, National, and international level representation of Maldives could be considered based on scope and opportunity
- Requests for corporate sponsorship, donations and charities must be submitted via ‘Sponsorship and CSR Request Form’ emailed to [email protected]
- Proposals must be submitted three weeks prior to planned event or activity
- The ‘Sponsorship and CSR Request Form’ should be accompanied by a proposal stating the reason for requesting assistance along with details on how the funding will be utilized.
- Requesting parties will be contacted after our evaluation process is finalized and if the sponsorship request is approved.
- Charitable Donations will only be made to government institutions and registered non-profit NGO’s
- Due to the high demand for sponsorships, we can only support a limited number requests per year
Sponsorship & CSR proposals must contain the following information.
- Official name of the organization, mailing address, and registration documents
- Name and title of the contact person in the organization, with contact details
- Brief description of the organization, with credentials of its past initiatives, if any
- Details of initiatives to be supported by the corporation
- Assistance required from HDC and reason (Refer to Annex 01 of Sponsorship and CSR Request Form)
- Information on the type and level of contribution sought, with justification and breakdown
- Details of relevant market research, if any
- Details of media exposure and media partners, if any
- Details of whether the initiative is funded by other parties or if it’s being sought